Monday, September 11, 2006

Our yard


Zac was able to rent a back hoe this past Saturday. We only had it for 3 hours so he didn't get as much done on the yard as he would have liked. I wish I would have taken a before and after picture, because he made a lot of progress on the yard. Zac had made a rock retaining wall, and pretty much leveled off the rest of our yard, and then he put a lot of dirt above the retaining wall, and leveled that off too. Eric sat outside for almost the entire three hours just watching Zac work on the back hoe. And as modeled in the picture with Eric, he found his snow boots. We only had one neighbor come over to ask Zac to work on their yard. Zac only spent 1/2 hour on their yard because we had to get it back. Zac almost rolled the back hoe twice trying to get the big boulders for the retaining wall.

This week in volleyball I tore a muscle in my shoulder on my first serve. I didn't bend my elbow at all when I served, and I hit the ball
hard. Right when I hit the ball I heard a 'pop' sound. My shoulder hurt so bad. I couldn't believe I hurt it on the first serve. I still played for the next two hours, but I didn't spike the ball or serve it overhand. By the time I got home, it was throbbing. I couldn't lift my arm at all to even get undressed. The next day I couldn't even brush my hair with my right hand unless I tipped my hair over. It's getting better, but it is still really tender. My friend rolled her ankle trying to get the ball. She also did this within the first 10 minutes. She almost passed out right after she rolled it. It might actually be broken. It is still really swollen, and there is bruising all along the ankle. Zac was making fun of us saying that we are getting OLD because we can't even play for ten minutes without getting hurt. This Friday we are getting together with four families in our neighborhood to have a progessive dinner. This is where you have the appetizers at one house, the main course at another, etc. We are in charge of dessert. It should be fun. We all have kids around the same age, so at least all the homes will be kid friendly. We are all from the BYU married ward down in Provo. It's nice having people that we already know move by us! Eric made his first friend in the neighborhood. This little boy is 2 months older than Eric and his name is Zac. Eric is having a really hard time calling him Zac. When my Zac came home for lunch on Friday, Eric went up to him and said, "Daddy guess what? I played with you today!" He is a little confused. The only problem is that the little Zac is also a little autistic, so he REALLY likes to hit. His Mom was telling me that on a good day, he will only have 30 tantrums, on a GOOD day!! I don't recall Eric ever having 30 tantrums on a bad day! When they were leaving our house, little Zac wanted to keep our book. I let them borrow it. Then later in the day, I took the kids to go get the mail and Eric saw little Zac. He screams across the street "Hey friend! Do you have my book?!" Little Zac screams yes, and runs inside to get it. Before I knew it they were both running up the street into our house, and playing in Eric's room again. Aubrey has been really cute lately. Anytime she hears any music she will stop whatever it is that she's doing and start dancing, even if the music is only playing for 10 seconds. And anytime you ask her if she wants to do anything, go outside, have a bath, etc. She will smile really big and say, "YEAH!" As she is running towards the door, bathroom, kitchen, etc. She has been really happy lately.

In the picture with just Eric in it, our lot goes all the way to where that port a potty is. Eric is standing on top of the rock wall. Zac obviously has a lot of work he needs to do still on the wall. He is going to put in some rock stairs to the top of the rock wall. This was what he accomplished in the three hours. The pictures really don't show just how much work he actually did. Zac also sealed our garage floor this week. And he has started to build cabinets in the garage. He finished two cabinets under the window, he just needs to put the doors on them. And all of the materials have been free. The builder told us that whatever they don't use on the new homes, we could have. So Zac has been over to all of the sites every day trying to see if he can scrap some wood.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow you have been busy! It is must be great to be in a neighborhood with people your age.