Thursday, September 07, 2006

Devin's Concert

Last Saturday Devin's band did a benefit concert for cancer. We had Zac's sister Barbara watch the kids for us, and we had our date night. (Thanks again Barb!) We went out to Texas Roadhouse, then went down to Provo to watch Devin's band. I was really surprised to see Nathan there. We got there early enough that we got 2nd row seats, and we could all sit together. I took some pictures of the concert, but I used Dad's camera, and for some reason the pics won't load on his computer at home, so I will need to bring his camera into work so I can load them on. Devin did great! He even had written a song about Mom. They have 5 people in their band, "Red Spectre" and the third Mom just got diagnosed with cancer. The band has never sounded better. Zac was really impressed with them. The last time Zac heard them play was at the battle of the bands when Devin was in high school. Devin had passed out tons of flyers at UVSC trying to get a larger crowd. They were able to donate all the money to the American Cancer Society. Even the owner of Muse Music played during the concert, and he donated his money from the night as well.

On Sunday we went to Jeff and Sarah's baby blessing. I couldn't believe how much hair their little girl has! It was nice to see some people from Idaho. Thad had his 3 year old birthday party on Tuesday. As we were driving to Nathan and Bobby's Eric was telling me who was going to be there, then he goes, "But not Andrew and Madison. They are too far away. They need to come NOW!" He screamed that last part. It was really random, I hadn't talked about Andrew and Madison with him for awhile Usually its right after Justin and Lisa leave that Eric will constantly ask me where they are, but we haven't seen them since Spring, so it was completely out of the blue. Thad's birthday went well. By the time we left Eric had grape soda and frosting in his hair, but both kids had a lot of fun. Bobby had made an individual pizza for everybody there. She put in a lot of work to this party. Eric last night told me he needed to go back to Tucker and Thad's because he needs more cake.

So we finally named the kittens: Buster and Maebe. Zac picked out the names. We got the 3rd season for Arrested Development on DVD, and that is pretty much how we spent our weekend. We had Devin come over on Sunday, and we watched the entire Season. That show is so good, it is all one-liners.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is so cute that he misses Andrew and Madison - I wish we could have seen Devin play.