Monday, October 08, 2012

Jog-a-thon

Aubrey's school had a jog-a-thon the day after we came home from Primary's with Eric.  In the morning, Aubrey asked me if I would cheer her on since I was home from work.  I was so exhausted from not sleeping at the hospital the several nights before, but I told her I would try.
Dad and Diane came to the school and got some pictures of Aubrey at the front of the starting line.
The fire engines horn sounded, and she was off.  As soon as she rounded the corner, I was there waiting for her.  She squealed when she saw me, and I grabbed her hand and ran the mile with her.
Dad took a picture of us running right before we crossed the finish line.  She was so excited to run a race.  At the end, however, she was really disappointed that they weren't handing out medals.  Aubrey was a great running partner!

2 comments:

Bobby Sue said...

She will remember that you ran with her for the rest of her life. :0)

Amy Conklin said...

I LOVE that she "squealed"! So cute! Good job Aubrey! You'll be a runner like your Momma!