Monday, August 22, 2011

Family Cruise!

 
 Dad and Diane took all the adults on a cruise to Ensenada Mexico 2 weekends ago!  It was so much fun!  We had 5 of us to a room.  All of us slept on twin beds, two of which came out of the wall like a murphy bed.  Zac and I flew into Long Beach before everyone got there.  Early check-in was at the Queen Mary.  After we checked in, Zac saw the engine room below us, and some stairs.  On the wall was a sign that said, "Self-guided Tour."  We had 3 hours to kill, so we toured the entire ship.  The entire time we were on the ship Zac was trying to figure out how they made any money.  As we were leaving the Queen Mary, I saw a ticket booth.  I went up to it and saw, "Self-guided Tour $24.95/adult"  Whoops. 



Back Row:  Devin, Heather, Zac, Amy, Cliff, Nathan, Dad
Front Row: Lisa, Justin P., Justin C., Heidi, Bobby, Diane, Becky, Steve

Our first night on the ship they had a game show.  I was selected to be on it!  I thought I would have a pretty good shot at winning since the other contestants were drunk.  I started out strong, and slowly lost.  It was fun either way though. 
After dinner we would go and see the shows or the comedians.  Since there was so many of us we would have to go early and save seats.


The comedian was so funny.  As soon as he found out that our big group was all from Utah and we were all Mormon he stopped and said, "I've got about 90 jokes going through my head right now."

 Zac and I did the "Taste of Mexico" excursion.  We went to a restaurant and learned how to make Mexican food.  The chef was on a table in front of everyone with a microphone and we all followed along after him cooking away.  It was a lot of fun and the food was delicious!  Afterward we were able to go shopping for a couple hours in downtown Ensenada and do some sight-seeing.
We got to the airport 6 hours before our flight.  Zac wanted to save $$$ on the taxi ride so he had Dad drop us off when they were leaving. 
The cruise was so much fun!  Thanks Dad and Diane for putting this together, we will never forget it!  And a special thank you to Zac's sister Barb for watching our kids!  Going from 0 kids to 4 kids is a huge undertaking!  She did a great job and the kids had so much fun!

No comments: