I am a little behind on blogging. I have been taking the Sunday pictures though. So enjoy:
This weekend we ran the Race for the Cure in Salt Lake. We all met up at Dad's house to carpool together. (Amy's taking this picture so she's not in it, but she ran it too.)
This is our entire group at the start line. It was so loud! We were right by the speakers where they were broadcasting. It was so amazing to see all the people who are affected by breast cancer. Thousands of people were here to race. The lines to the bathroom were huge! They marked the way to bathroom with yellow and brown balloons. Ha!
Still at the starting line. We waited here for about 1/2 before the race started. It would have been nice if they broadcast that one side was for walkers, the other side for runners. Instead us runners were mixed in with the walkers. It made for a very frustrating start to the race!
This is at the finish line. It was so great! Justin and Lisa ran it in 28 minutes, while Amy, Becky, Heidi and I ran it in 30 minutes. Dad, Diane and Bobby walked it. I usually take off right after the races to get back. I had no idea about all the free swag that they give away! I wish I would have explored ANY of my races and got all the free stuff! We all headed out to breakfast after the race. It was a great experience to run this race again. It was especially fun to do it with my family.
After we got back all the boys went shooting up in the mountains. It was the last day of the Tulip Festival, so all the girls headed to Thanksgiving Point. It is so beautiful there. Everyone had a great time. They were giving away free princess t-shirts to little girls. Perfect day to come!
When we made it to the waterfall amphitheater there was a string quartet playing. We wanted to sit down, and the girls wanted to go dancing. When the girls made it down to the stage, Jennifer started shaking her bum. It was so cute. :)
They all got braver and went onto the stage and started to dance with each other.
I know this picture is blurry (I was taking it from the top of the amphitheater) but Diane got in the action dancing with all the girls. They had such a good time! They would have been fine just staying there all day.
This morning I woke up to breakfast in bed for Mother's Day. The kids brought it into the room. Zac started to prompt the kids saying, "What do you say?" Meaning for them to say 'Happy Mother's Day' and Eric turns to me and says, "You're welcome?" Eric and Aubrey both made me beautiful Mother's Day cards and a coupon book that I can cash in on anytime. They include: one smile; one hug; one kiss; one movie; one dance; one read books together, etc.
We stopped by the cemetery to give Mom some flowers for her grave. You can't tell in the picture but it was raining while we were there. It was a little cold.
Sunday, May 08, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
Yeah for updates! Thanks so much for running the race! It was so much fun and it really meant a lot to do it together. Let's make it a tradition! I love the flowers you took to your Mom today. I loved her very much too. You are great Heather! Thanks for everything!
Post a Comment