They're back! They came home last night. The flight came in at 8:22 pm, and we met them by baggage claim around 8:30ish. We had the kids make posters and decorate their house at 5:00 yesterday before we headed up to the airport.
Since there are 18 grand kids trying to make posters, we found them throughout the house coloring. Including outside.
Amy brought over a 15 foot roll of butcher paper to hang on the outside of the garage. It was really windy, so we ended up hanging it inside. We had all the grand kids and adults put their handprints on the poster.
After getting the house all ready with balloons and streamers, we all headed up to the airport. We got there about 1/2 hour early, so the kids were starting to run around. They were all very excited to have their posters and balloons.
I guess we were making enough commotion at the airport - a man came up to us asking if we were there for a missionary homecoming. I used this conversation as an opportunity to have him talk the entire group picture.
We told the kids to wait by us for Grandpa and Nana. Once they saw them coming down, all of the grand kids ran screaming for them holding their posters. It was so great to see so many little kids running to their grandparents. Jennifer would not let go of Dad.
Eric is at the age where he was more interested in playing with his cousins than seeing Grandpa.
Today we went to their house to have a BBQ in between the sessions. It has been so nice to see them. They brought all of us some Mongolian presents. The big hit with the kids was a Mongolian puzzle. Eric has been trying to solve it most of the night. Diane got all the girls a necklace with our names in Mongolian. We also got a wood carving of Captain Moroni - with a Mongolian face. They also gave everyone some sheep ankle bones to play a game with. The Mongolians used every part of the sheep. Dad told Aubrey that if she rolled 4 goats, then she had to go to bed. When we came home Aubrey was rolling the bones. She reminded me what Dad told her about the 4 goats. I told her that I should roll 4 goats because I was so tired. She said, "That's what I'm trying to do! I am SO TIRED." She was so sweet during conference. She wanted to play conference bingo so bad. Dad's t.v. isn't working upstairs yet, so I turned on the radio for her. She had her ear right next to the radio listening for the words. She ran up to Dad one time asking what a 'wife' was - hoping it was on her sheet.
This morning Dad took me, Justin, Nathan and Devin on a drive to see where they are going to build their house. When we got to the lot Dad goes, "I just love the view." Across the street from their backyard is a garden nursery store. He could walk to get his plants for the garden/yard.
Friday night Justin spent the night at our house. In the morning when Jennifer woke up she came downstairs and told Justin, "I wake up! A monster eat my hair!" Apparently it was pretty traumatic. I have heard her tell other people that a monster was eating her hair. Saturday afternoon, I was making some treats for Sunday's BBQ, and I hear some clopping on the floor. Jennifer had taken off all her clothes and put on my high heels. That stinker. I had to bribe her to get dressed the 1st time. I guess she wanted more candy. Not doing that again.
Sunday, April 03, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















1 comment:
What a great weekend! Thanks Heather for everything. I love being with you and your family! Thanks for putting up with us!
Post a Comment