Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Month update

I realized I haven't updated this since I went back to work.  Guess life is a little busy now. :)  I can't remember everything that happened, and at the time I knew I wanted to blog about it.  Drat!  There are a couple things from last month that I want to make sure I write down about the kids.  Jennifer is hilarious.  Her little personality is showing more every day.  The first week Zac was home with the kids, he sat in Jennifer's "spot" on the couch.  She ran over to him and yelled, "Dad!  Move!  My spot!"  Zac pretended like he was asleep.  So she yelled at him again, "my spot!"  Zac was still pretending to be asleep, but he said he could feel Jennifer's presence over him.  Then she licked his cheek from chin to eye.  That woke him up.  Now whenever Zac pretends like he is asleep, she runs over and kisses his cheek.

The other night we were putting the kids to bed.  We usually check up on them after a 1/2 hour or so to make sure they went to sleep.  Zac went into the girls' room and Aubrey was sound asleep.  Then he looked in on Jennifer.  She had a blanket over her face.  So he removed the blanket and she had her eyes closed with her tongue sticking out to the side like a "dead man."  Then she started laughing.  She had been waiting for Zac to come check on her.

Last night after we put the kids to bed Jennifer started yelling, "DAD!"  So Zac went in to check on her.  Right when he walks in her room she says, "DAD!  Arm! Finger! Head!"  So Zac left her room.  Then he gets back and she yells "DAD! HELP!"  He went back in.  "Nose! Toes! Eyes!"

On Zac's second week home, he was unloading the van from a shopping trip.  Eric and Aubrey were playing upstairs.  Aubrey's window has a window seat underneath it.  Eric jumped off the window seat and his hand hit the blind cord.  It swung around his neck while he was in the air.  It got tangled up on his neck.  Luckily, Eric was able to undo the cord from his neck.  It was scary.  He now has a scar around his neck.

This past month we have taken the kids up to Temple Square to see the lights, saw Megamind, and had 2 Thanksgiving dinners.  I had a Thanksgiving dinner at my house with Nathan's family and Devin.  On Thanksgiving we went over to Zac's Aunt's house.  I have completely finished shopping for Christmas and have wrapped all the presents.  We even passed out our neighbor presents on Sunday.  When our neighbor's answered their doors, the kids would yell, "Merry Christmas!"  We got a lot of strange looks.  I passed out my work presents on Monday.  My old supervising attorney wrote me and said he was surprised when he didn't get something from me the day after Thanksgiving.  k - I like to be done early, it is less stress.  I guess I have built a reputation for myself.

The kids decorated gingerbread houses tonight.  Really messy.  Never again.

Work has been going well.  It's a lot easier going to work knowing that the kids are with their Dad.  I have been commuting on the bus every morning.  I get really motion sick, so I have to sit on the front row.  But it's nice not to have to drive.  As soon as people heard that Zac is staying home, they have been hiring him out for handyman work.  He has re-roofed a co-worker attorney's house, fixed a sink for our neighbor, hung doors for our neighbor, and hung light fixtures and odds and ends for a co-worker paralegal.  He currently has a cobblestone path he needs to lay, 2 landscaping jobs for the Spring, 2 complete basements our neighbors want finished and odds and ends things for a co-worker.  It's amazing.  We haven't even looked for the work and it has fallen in his lap.  I'm not trying to brag, I'm just meaning that we have been extremely blessed.  It was the best decision for us to have Zac quit his job.

Zac and I were able to go on our first date since we've had Lily.  Amy watched all 4 kids while we went and saw the new Harry Potter.  When we picked up the kids, Amy had the kids make reindeer puppets, sugar cookies and ornaments.  When we got in the car Zac says, "Is that what stay-at-home mom's are suppose to do?  Because I haven't been doing ANY of that!"

4 comments:

Christen said...

I gasped when I saw Eric's neck - oh my gosh! That is so so scary. I'm so glad he's okay and that he was able to undo it himself. Wow. Glad everything is going well!

Glade and Diane Powell said...

Can't wait to come home and be with the kids - you have such a cute family. I didn't think anyone could be cuter than Aubrey but it looks like Jennifer is making a run for it. Eric learned a hard lesson - we are so glad he is ok.

Amy Conklin said...

Yeah! I love it when you get a chance to update your blog! I look ALL the time! : ) Wow! What a month! Holy cow! SCARY what happened to Eric! I'm so glad he's okay! I've had some marks around my neck like that - they hurt! Glad they healed up okay. I didn't even notice them the other night! I'm so glad you had fun on your date - I'll tend again soon so you can have another one before Lily is 8 months old! We had a great time and your kids are adorable!

Kristie said...

I love your daughter. She seems like she would be my B's best friend. Just like their mommas. Your kids are adorable, all of them, and I mean it. I wouldnt say it if I didnt.