Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas!

We had two big snow storms at the beginning of the week.  I came home from work and found this huge snowman.  Unfortunately, the rain made the top head fall off, and by Christmas it is 1/3 the size.

One of my co-workers had trial this week on Monday and Tuesday.  Unfortunately, she had a death in the family, so I volunteered to help her out.  Not an interesting trial, it was about canals, easements, boundary lines, etc.  Anyways, during lunch on Monday I overheard one of our witnesses talking about how his neighbor just got called and sent over to be the mission president in Mongolia.  Small world!  I immediately jumped into his conversation. :)  Then on the last day of trial, just before closing arguments, the opposing side had 2 paralegals come in to set up for their presentation for closing.  One of the paralegals was my really good friend from college that I haven't seen since college!  Neither of us should have been doing this trial, so it was great that we were able to see each other.  She only works 2 blocks away from me.

We celebrated Christmas Eve at Zac's Aunt's house again this year.  As soon as Santa came in the room, Jennifer started waving.  Once he sat down, she ran up to him, crawled on his lap and pointed to herself and said, "Jennifer!"  Santa responded, "Santa!" and pointed at himself.  She was not shy at all.



After Eric opened up his present he turned to me and said, "Santa always gives me the lamest presents here."  Shoot, Santa better step it up next year.

After the party we came home.  Zac's sister Barb stayed the night over at our house.  I always let the kids open up one present before going to bed, and then put out the stockings and milk and cookies.  Of course the present is pajamas.  After they all got into their pajamas, I wanted to take a picture.  Zac and I briefly debated if Eric was old enough to hold Lily for the picture.  I took 2 pictures, and looked at the camera and noticed they were kind of blurry.  As Zac and I were looking at the camera, Eric dropped Lily on the floor.  Great.  She's fine, but for the moment I freaked out.  She was face down and Zac said he saw her bounce.

In hind sight, we should have made sure his arm was AROUND Lily instead of both of them under her.  Thanks Bobby for making the pajamas - they looked great on them!
The kids slept in until 7 am for us.  We made them stay upstairs until we could get to the tree.  I let them open up their stockings first in the front room, and then they made their way down to the family room.  Jennifer did not care about any of her presents, she just wanted the candy.

The kids "big" presents this year was Aubrey got a DSi, Eric got a big Lego's set, and Jennifer got Zhu Zhu pets.  Again, Jennifer was more concerned about eating her chocolate than opening presents.  After presents, Zac made a great breakfast, the kids talked to Zac's Dad, we drove down and saw Zac's Mom, came home and Devin came over, then my Dad called from Mongolia, and we had a ham dinner.  The kids had a great Christmas. 

2 comments:

Bobby Sue said...

I'm so glad that they fit so well! They look great! You did so much better than me about taking pictures Christmas morning. Jennifer is such a doll!

Glade and Diane Powell said...

We loved the snowman! We can't believe how big Lily and Jennifer are. The kids look so cute. Thanks for sharing your Christmas day. Wish we could have been there.