So the other day I came upstairs and saw Aubrey in the bathroom looking in the mirror. She looked like she had been crying. She was making a really sour grumpy looking face. I asked Aubrey what was wrong. She turns to me, smiles, and says, "Nothing, just practicing." Oh my. I had no idea my little girl practices being grumpy!
Bobby watches Eric in the morning before Kindergarten. The other day she let the boys play with some playdough in the kitchen. She came in and there was playdough everywhere! She asked them why would they make such a big mess. Eric looked up at her and said, "You didn't tell us not to." She goes, "You're right. You are absolutely right. I didn't tell you not to make a mess." He wasn't saying it to her with attitude, but innocently. That kid of ours! I guess five year-old logic can go a long way!
So our HOA lawsuit is still going on. It's been hard having hired an attorney in July because I don't know what the status is of our case all the time. It doesn't sound like it is resolving anytime soon. In fact, he just moved the court to join our title company, developer, realtor and loan officer. This case just got a lot bigger and complicated. We are somewhat frustrated. We never intended for it to go this big. Hopefully it won't be too much money either...I'm wishful thinking.
I've been preparing for a big homicide trial at work that takes place in two weeks. I had to go through over 500 autopsy and crime scene photos of this murder. DISGUSTING. I have never been so grossed out. I literally almost threw up a couple times. Then I had to blow-up 100 of those pics for the jury. I am suppose to go to the Ute Reservation next week to interview the witnesses and go back to the crime scene. I am trying to get out of going. So we will see how it turns out. It's a pretty interesting trial, I guess more interesting then asset forfeiture. :) So my work is having a "ROCK BAND FACE-OFF" on Tuesday. My chief attorney came in after lunch and set up his WII in the conference room. Then he ran into my office and told me that I am their singer. So we ran over and practiced for 3 1/2 hours. Apparently we have some good competition. I was just excited that I got paid to play nintendo for half my day. AND this was right after we all had to sit through an ethics training. :)
Zac has been busy with his internet classes that he is taking at UVU. He has been putting in a lot of hours trying to finish them up. Jennifer is growing so much! She has really started being vocal lately. She is really a good baby now. It's still really hard leaving her at daycare. The other day when I went to pick her up they handed me the wrong baby. Hmmmmm. I was NOT happy about that. AND they knew it. I guess it's the price you pay for working. If I could stay home with the kids, I would do it in a heartbeat. That's about it for us that last couple of weeks!

2 comments:
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE HATS! Absolutely adorable. You look so much like your mom in the picture of all of you in a circle (taken from above). Are you coming up during any of the holidays?
I love all the pictures, Heather. Your kids crack me up - Aubrey practices her grumpy face?! haha... girls!
Post a Comment