So Zac turned the big 30 this weekend. I decided to throw him a SURPRISE birthday party on Saturday evening. Adults only--I didn't want a bunch of kids running around everywhere, and not being able to enjoy the evening. We had so many close calls with Zac finding out that I'm surprised he didn't know about the entire party! On Friday I went to a party store and bought a lot of balloons, decorations, etc. As I'm driving home, I see Zac coming the other way! The entire front seat is balloons. So I hurry and pull off the road, call him, and he tells me that he got off work early for lunch. YAY.......I call my friend and tell her I am stopping at her house to drop off the balloons. The kids were really excited. After we dropped them off I told them not to say anything to daddy or they will be in "big trouble". So Eric runs into the house and goes straight up to Zac and says "Daddy, I'm not going to tell you!" Zac goes "Tell me what?" Eric "I'm not going to tell you that we stopped at Karen's and gave her your balloons!" Then I walk into the house and Eric is SO PROUD of himself "Mommy! I didn't tell Daddy about the balloons!" I was able to lie my way through the balloons on the spot. On Saturday, Zac decided that he needed to go to school to work on a paper all afternoon. GREAT! This couldn't be more perfect! So he left at 1 pm the party started at 6 pm. I was working on his birthday cake (which is a recipe I had never tried before) and when I went to flip the cake out of the pans, the cake CRUMBLED! So I grabbed both kids and ran for the car to go to Smith's to buy a premade cake. No carseats. Zac had left them in his truck. So I run the kids over to a neighbor's, get the cake, and finished cleaning the house. The kids went to a friends house for the evening. Zac calls me at 4:40 and says, "Hey I wasn't going to call you, but I'm almost home and wanted to talk...." WHAT?!! I tell him to hold on, I've got another call. I call his sister, Barb, (who is the decoy for the night) and tell her to call him NOW! he's almost home! So I hung up on Zac, and he called back a couple minutes later telling me that there has been a change of plans, his sister is stranded at the mall. Then Barb calls me saying, "We're not there yet! We are hitting every red light, and the guy in front is driving really slow with his hazards on!" So now Zac could make it to the mall before Barb. Luckily she got to the mall, ran inside and Zac called her a minute later. Whew! Now it's 6pm, and only 2 people are there. WHO SHOWS UP LATE TO A SURPRISE PARTY?! Apparently almost everyone! I am frantic calling everybody, and they all told me they were running late, or waiting for the babysitter, etc. Zac then calls me and tells me that he is stopped on the freeway. WHEW again! Pretty much everybody shows up, and we see Zac coming up the road. We all hide and when he opened the door we did the corny jump up and yell "Surprise". The first words out of Zac's mouth, "This is so gay!"
We had a great time playing games and eating, etc. At the end of the night Zac said it was a great party. He was so funny though because I told him that Barb was the decoy and he said "Oh man, I kept on teasing her saying, do you know what tomorrow is? It's the most important day of the year..." And she played dumb. Then I told him that they were suppose to stall him by talking about Garit's new projector in his apartment. Zac's smiled and said "We did! We talked all about the projector. In fact, when I called you and said I was stuck on the freeway, I lied. I thought that you would be mad that I stayed so long talking about a projector!"
In other news, we finally got Aubrey a big girl bed. We got the bed Friday night and she loves it! She has even gotten up in the middle of the night all by herself to go potty. That's about it for our family this week!
Monday, November 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Such a great story! sounds like it all turned out great!
Post a Comment