The kids got their school pictures back finally! Last week I was in South Carolina for work again. There really is nothing to do out there after work. It was actually colder there than in Utah when I was out there. I was really disappointed. I didn't bring a coat or anything since it's usually in the high 70s this time of year. It was kind of an interesting trip this time. I was with the same people that I've been with for the past three years out there. At night we went to a mexican restaurant, and it was "Tequila night". So one of the instructors bought me some shots of tequila. I looked at him a little weird and said, "You know, you don't need to use me as an excuse if you wanted to drink more." And I handed him the shots. They had absolutely no idea that I was LDS?! We then got onto the topic of our church, and everybody with our group completely thought that polygamy was a choice, and that Zac has just chosen for the moment just to have one wife. WHAT?! They also had no idea about the word of wisdom, etc. We talked for about 3-4 hours about this (granted, by this point they were pretty drunk). Then we went outside because the city was having their "lighting" ceremony where they turned on the lights on the bi
g Christmas tree. It was freezing outside, so they wanted to head inside a bar/grill. I had six different guys buy me drinks while I was there. The group I was with was loving it because they got free drinks. Zac on the other hand said, "Wow, I guess there isn't much selection in South Carolina!" RUDE! The next day some of them came up to me and said they felt so embarassed about how ignorant they were about our religion, etc. At least I got to clear some things up. They didn't even know who those "young guys wearing an Elder tag" were. My flights were awful to and from. There was so much turbulence. On my way home, my flight didn't even leave until 6pm (usually I am back in Utah by this time). I was able to get on an earlier connecting flight, and got home at 12:30 am instead of 2:30am. Zac said the kids were really
good for him, and we had a lot of babysitters step in as well at night while Zac was in school.We had Thanksgiving dinner last night. Justin and Lisa stopped in on their way down to St. George, so Dad decided to have it one day early. Lots of great food and always fun to see everybody in the same place. I don't think I saw Eric stop ru
nning the entire day. He was hooked to Andrew's hip. Andrew really does a great job of playing with the kids.
nning the entire day. He was hooked to Andrew's hip. Andrew really does a great job of playing with the kids. 
No comments:
Post a Comment