Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The LSAT

So the big day came and went. Zac finally took the LSAT. I think the waiting for his score is almost as rough as taking it! Zac figured out that his brain doesn't "click" until about 2 sections into the test. So before he has been taking any practice tests, he will take 2 sections, then go into the testing center. So the day of the test, he got there 2 hours early to do his sections. He was the only person there. So he started. He got to question #9, when a guy came and sat down RIGHT next to him and started talking to Zac about how nervous he is, etc. Zac kindly told him, that's great, but I'm actually taking a section right now so..." Anyways, he didn't get the hint, and then a group of people got around him and were talking. So he moved. By then there were so many people there, that he couldn't concentrate and finish the 2 sections pre-test. So here's hoping that he did great! :) It's hard knowing that this one test will determine our future. Zac will only apply to BYU and the U of U. Neither of us want to move, etc.

So I started my new calling this past Sunday as relief society pianist. I am just so lucky to ALWAYS work with weird people! The chorister never gave me the list of songs that I needed to play, but I can pretty much sight-read anything, so no biggy. However, I do like to practice it just once before to make sure I really can play it. So during Gospel Doctrine, she pulls me out and states that we are going to sing hymn number 1.....3......9 (it took her forever to tell me this number) I ask her what hymn is that? She had no clue, but she had a dream about that number the night before and she was inspired. Oh dear. She later came to me and said that 139 was a bad choice for today, how about a different hymn. I tried very hard not to laugh. I am now curious as to what hymn number 139 is? I should have looked, but forgot. Anyways, I asked her about getting a list of songs for the rest of the year that are relevant with the topics, etc. She told me that she is still waiting on inspiration for ALL of the songs and she will get back to me. This actually doesn't annoy me (which is unusual for me) I actually find it hilarious, and I am quite anxious to see what hymn "inspired" her for the next Sunday I play.

No comments: