Monday, October 22, 2007

The Court battle continues...

Zac got his LSAT score back yesterday. He scored the best he ever did on any of the tests that he had taken. So we are pretty happy...he doesn't want me to post his score though so don't ask. :) We had a big hearing on our lawsuit with the HOA. The HOA was trying to dismiss our case, I filed a memo in opposition, etc., they wanted an Order signed, I requested a hearing, so we got our oral argument hearing going. I had a feeling that they were going to try to change their motion to dismiss into a motion for summary judgment, so we came prepared with our rebuttal. Sure enough, they tried to do just that, we argued it (kindly) and the Judge saw it our way and told them that we were not having a Summary Judgment hearing, etc., that the papers they filed with the Country Recorder and completely ambigious, so we set it for trial in the Spring. I'm actually pretty happy with the results. Zac did a great job presenting our case so far in Court. I prepare all the paperwork and he can do the talking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Zac! I knew you could do better than you thought. . .there is no substitute for preparation. Sometimes we do the best when we are aware of all that we don't know! What's up with the lawsuit, I know nothing of it? Tammi