Monday, July 16, 2007

Idaho Weekend!

I'm finally rested from this past weekend, ready to get going for this weekend in Idaho. On Monday for FHE I took the kids to Thanksgiving Point farm country. We haven't been there before and the kids loved it! Aubrey squealed while on the pony ride, and they loved being able to feed the animals. Eric's favorite thing was the geocaching activity. They had 6 "treasures" hidden around the farm with the coordinates already in the GPS. Eric handled the entire treasure hunt and we found them all! On Thursday I went down to Provo and picked up Devin, then went to the SLC airport and picked up Chad & Elisa and we went up to Idaho for Tyler's wedding. Eric had Lagoon that day, so Zac went up to SLC to pick up the kids after work and brought them down to Dad's to have Bobby watch them. (Thanks again Bobby!) The kids spent the night at Dad's and Bobby brought them back up to our house on Friday after Zac got home from work.

In Idaho, Devin and I stayed at Justin's. We had a great time watching "Arrested Development" and when Dad came up on Friday, we even got him watching it. At the beginning of the wedding reception line, Dad jokingly says to Justin, "It's still pretty light out, I bet we could get a round of golf in" By the end of the line, they had all the plans worked out, they grabbed a cookie, visited for about 10 minutes, then took off to the golf course. I met up with them after (around 10 pm) and we headed out to dinner. I left first thing Saturday morning to come back to Utah. Dad, Devin and Justin had another tee time Saturday morning.

I got a new calling in the ward...which means Zac and I were released as Sunbeam teachers. I am now the Primary Secretary in the primary presidency. Our ward finally split the primary into 2 primarys, so we have an entire new presidency, etc. I was at meetings Saturday night for 3 hours, last night for 3 hours, they will come to my house Tuesday night (hopefully for shorter than 3 hours) they are meeting on Thursday (which I will miss since I will be in Idaho) and AGAIN on Sunday night. WOW! I know things will cool down as soon as we have our system in place, but that is a lot of meetings! We have to put on the quarterly primary activity on the 24th as well, which for some reason they included feeding the entire ward breakfast. When Zac and I told our Sunbeams yesterday that this was our last time teaching them, the little girl that we have had the most problems with goes "Does my Mom know about this!" Then she started to cry. We couldn't believe it! I expected the other kids to have a hard time with it, but they were completely fine, especially Eric.

The kids slept over at Dad's again last night. (Again Bobby, Thank YOU!) Zac's work is being funny and wouldn't let him take a day off of work. Since we are going to be in Idaho on Friday, Zac needed it off, but they made him switch days and work Monday to have Friday off. So we became stuck between a rock and a hard place, and Bobby came through and offered to have the kids sleep over AGAIN, and she will watch them today and bring them up tonight on their way to work on their house. Eric was asleep by 6pm last night. He fell asleep in my lap. So at least I know one of my children were easy for them last night! (Unless he woke up at 10pm wide awake...I haven't called Bobby yet!) Well, I will see most everyone who reads this blog on Thursday!

No comments: