Monday, July 09, 2007

Fourth of July Weekend!

For some reason the title bar wouldn't let me add text...oh well.

We didn't realize that the battery in our camera needed to be charged, so absolutely no pictures of this weekend! I even have the stuff to scrapbook my pictures that we didn't take! We went to the parade in Provo on the 4th in the morning. Zac's cousin slept overnight at our spot, so we were able to show up 5 minutes before it started and had a great spot in the shade. We then headed over to Zac's Uncle Cory's house for a BBQ. Eric spent most of the afternoon in the sandbox, with a little bit of swimming in between. Aubrey spent the bulk of the afternoon in the pool...that girl is a fish! She just can't get enough of the water. Later that evening Zac and I went to Stadium of Fire in Provo. We dropped the kids off at my Dad's so we wouldn't have to struggle with them during the evening to keep their attention during the pre fireworks show. For some reason, our kids were wired the entire night. When we got back to Dad's around 11:15 the kids were just bouncing off the walls, and Dad looked exhausted. He was able to get Norma and Tucker asleep, but Eric and Aubrey were wild! They didn't even fall asleep on the 45 minute car ride home!

I had Thursday off as well, so it turned out to be a 5 day weekend for me! I took the kids swimming at the Legacy center for several hours on Thursday. We pretty much had a relaxing day. We changed the time that we play volleyball to 8pm instead of 9pm so we can get home earlier....I ended up getting home after midnight, but Zac was asleep, he didn't know the difference. :) On Friday our friends in Provo had a little party for their son's birthday. Last year there was only us and one other couple that was invited, so we thought that it was going to be the same this year. Wrong, this year they invited around 15 families, which was wonderful! It was all of our friends from when we lived in Provo. It was so great to see everyone. Every single one of them had at least 1, some 2 kids since we last saw them (they were pregnant with their first when we moved from Provo). It was so great to be able to catch up with everyone.

Saturday Zac spent most of the day helping our neighbors build their deck. Eric had a play date in the afternoon and Aubrey slept the entire afternoon. Since the house was pretty much empty, I just sat on the couch and watched a full movie without any interruptions. It has been a LONG time since that has happened. (Zac likes to talk during movies...arg!) Zac and Eric came home as soon as the movie was over. Yesterday as we were getting ready to leave for church, Eric started to yell that he didn't want to go to church. I asked him why and he says, "Because, I HATE my teachers!" I looked at him and said "But Eric, Daddy and I are your teachers." He glared at me and said "I know, I hate you as a teacher, you're my Mommy, not my teacher!" I guess you can't win them all!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

So funny! Can't wait to see you and you family next weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Being a well hated teacher, I can give you some advise on what your response can be in the future. It is best to always have a pat answer, and repeat it, because that is more annoying for kids. When students tell me they hate something or me, here are a few ways to answer.

1 - Don't be a hater.
2 - Don't hate.
or my favorite
3 - Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Make sure you say playa instead of player, because that annoys the kids even more.

Common student responses include: 'Your not a playa.'

I hope high school kids are as easy to annoy as junior high kids. I don't know what I'll do if I can't frustrate my students on a daily basis.