Monday, July 17, 2006

Weekend Recap




This whole past week Aubrey has had a really bad cough along with a fever. Thursday night she kept on grabbing her ears and screaming. So Friday morning I took her into the doctor. She has bronchitis and an ear infection. Her oxygen levels were borderline for having her go to the hospital. We had to get a humidifier for her, and the doctor put her on two different medications. She is doing great now. She didn't cough at all yesterday, and she hasn't been in pain with her earache.

On Wednesday Eric's daycare went to Lagoon. I decided to go with them. When I showed up, they only had two adults for 15 3 year olds! They told me that in all the past years, almost every 3 year old parent shows up, so they've had way too much staff. So this year, they were counting on the parents showing up. I was the only parent. So I got to be in charge of 5 three year olds for the day. I'm grateful I showed up. Eric was really excited that I got to ride the bus with him. The kids had a lot of fun. I even took 10 three year olds on Rattlesnake Rapids by myself. As I was walking up to it, everybody kept on telling me that the kids were going to get wet. Really?! When we got off the ride, they were all soaking, but they loved it. It was so hot out, that the water felt good to them. With the exception of the shortage of adults for Lagoon, I was really impressed with how organized the daycare is. They made every child take a drink of water before every single ride, or they couldn't go on the ride. On the bus ride home, all 15 of the three year olds were completely asleep within minutes of leaving Lagoon. It was great watching all of their heads fall forward, waking them, then they would fall over to the side.

Our house is almost finished. They told us that we would be closing today, but that's not going to happen. Zac and I went out there on Saturday, and they still hadn't poured any of the cement, etc. So it is still up in the air.

Last night we went over to our friends Aaron and Melanie. Aaron is Zac's old roommate (I knew him from when Zac and I were dating), Aaron at the time tried to talk Zac into joining the Utah National Guard with him. He kept on saying how great it is, they pay for all your school, and really, when is there going to be another war? Zac kept on telling him no. Then a couple years later, Melanie moved into our Student Ward, I became friends with her, her husband was over in Iraq for a year. We didn't know that this was Zac's old friend. When Aaron came back from Iraq, we had them over for dinner, and had a great time catching up. Small world. They had a baby right after I had Aubrey, so we were celebrating their son's 1st birthday. The kids had a lot of fun playing in the water. Aubrey was really excited that she got to fill up the pool. Aaron has 2 big dogs, we tried to take Eric over to them, but the dog ran over to Eric and jumped on him almost knocking Eric down. That didn't go over too well with Eric.

2 comments:

Christen said...

Poor Aubrey- glad she's feeling better!

Barb said...

Hey Heather! I got myself a blogspot too. so check it out barbaratheone.blogspot.com give my love to the family!
-barb