Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Newman

I have a lot of catching up on my posts.  Some of these pictures are random, and I will try to remember what they are about.  I think Zac wanted to take a picture of his beard before he shaved it.
We got a new kitten, Newman, the first week of November.  Our poor cat Buster came up missing a couple nights after Halloween.  He still hasn't returned home.  I really hope some of the kids in our neighborhood didn't get him and torture him.  I hope it was more humane, like a cougar or hawk.  I know that sounds horrible.

The kids were devastated when Buster wasn't coming home.  So we loaded them all up and went and got Newman.  He was 6 weeks old.  He is seriously, the Best. Cat. Ever.  I don't like cats, but this one is pretty good.  He plays amazing with all the kids, even Lily, lets them all hold him, and loves being around us.  He eats anything you put in front of him.  Seriously.  He stole a Dorito chip out of Lily's hand and ate it.  Lily pretty much chokes him when she carries him, and he doesn't scratch her.  He loves the water - like the shower.  He pounces on us all the time. 
Funny story about Newman's first week.  He is extremely curious.  Aubrey got cereal in the morning, along with the milk.  About 30-40 minutes later, Zac came downstairs and went to the pantry.  As he walked by the fridge he heard a noise.  Then again.  Then again.  He opened up the fridge and Newman was on the top shelf of the fridge and sandwiched himself between 2 packages of hotdog buns.

Since October, I have been running almost every morning.  Since it is so cold, I have been running on the treadmill.  Newman became very curious about the treadmill.  I kept on telling him, "Don't do it, Newman."  I saw the inevitable coming.  I ran with my legs apart sideways, and he took a quick ride down the entire treadmill and slammed into the back wall.  All you heard was a quiet yelp.

As sad as it is to have Buster gone, Newman has been a welcome member of our household.

No comments: