I wish we would have taken pictures along the way of Zac's cold storage room. Here is a pic of it 90% finished. He still needs to box up at the back of the wall, put in the window seal and a box for our firewood.
Zac dug this room out BY HAND over the past couple of years. It is UNDER our deck. We had a window in our basement under the deck, and Zac cut the cement all the way to the floor and made a door into this room. He poured all the cement floor by hand and did all the work in here. It turned out so good! I was able to put all my other "storage" (consisting of totes of kids clothes, decorations, etc) into the old cold storage room that is under our porch. Zac bought a wood burning stove for our house. This was his other main project while I was home for the month was to get it in. He cut the cement out for the stove.
Poured the cement for the hearth and laid the rock.
Then put the rock on the wall and made the mantel. He still needs to seal the rocks, and stain the mantel. It is really coming together! He really wants to use the stove this year for winter to cut down on our heating bill. He is working really hard to have this room finished before Christmas. I will post another picture once it's finished.
Monday, October 03, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment