
What a LONG week! Jennifer has been so sick! I took off work 1 day, and Zac took off 3 days. She has had fever between 101-104 all week. She finally broke it on Thursday, but then got it again on Friday. That is when we discovered she was also breaking in 4 molars! Miserable! The doctor just told us to "treat the symptoms", so that is what we have been doing. I had Zac take her out trick-or-treating with the kids to give her some fresh air. Yes, I tied a ribbon around the nose of the alligator/dinosaur? so people would know she was a girl. Zac kept her in the stroller the entire time anyways. I had the luxury of staying home and passing out the candy. I made some yummy caramel apple cider, popped some popcorn, and attempted to watch some shows that I had recorded. It took me 2 hours to watch a 1/2 show because every time I sat back down on the couch, my doorbell would ring again. I now understand why my Mom would just sit on the front steps on Halloween to pass out the candy. For some reason, I thought I would have a really relaxing night at home.

So our ward got new boundaries a couple weeks ago. 5 minutes before Sacrament starts, the Bishop called me in. He released me from both of my callings, then asked me how busy I am. I told him that I was extremely busy, that I hardly have time to breath some days. He gets quiet then says, "I believe the busier you are, the more blessings you will have." Great. So he called me into the Relief Society Presidency. I felt REALLY overwhelmed when I picked up about 15 boxes from the old counselor of stuff, NONE of it organized. Really. There was stuff in diaper boxes, the binders didn't have the sheets in them because her kids got into it, etc. After we had our first presidency meeting, I left feeling a lot better. I didn't really know the President or the other counselor, they were from the other ward. But I really connected with them in the meeting, and feel good about the calling now. Even as busy as I am, I can make it work.


We were able to see Dad and Diane at my house last Sunday. The MTC allowed them to come up and see all of us while they were getting their family history books. I didn't tell my kids they were coming, so they were really surprised. It was good to see them. Even though it has only been 2 weeks since they started serving, it seems longer when you are "not allowed" to call or visit them anytime you want. Hopefully they will get their visa's soon so they can start serving in Mongolia.





2 comments:
What a beautiful princess! I'm so glad to hear that Jennifer is doing better! I've been so worried about her!
I love Jennifer's crocodile tears :) Way to commit to the costume!
Post a Comment