So I finally took the plunge and registered to run the Chicago Marathon. I've been debating it back and forth since Lisa and Jordyn signed up, but I had some issues. One...my knee kills me when I run. I finally went to the doctor, and he gave me some wonderful anti-inflammatory pills to take before I run. They seem to work so far. I have played several games of basketball, run during lunch, and went skiing and my knee has been fine. Two...the money. To run the Chicago, I would have to get my flight and hotel...so this is at least a $500 weekend. Well, I was able to work this one out. This past week I hosted a meeting with work for people around the nation. Behind the scenes, I went around talking to everyone about our next meeting which is in October, and wouldn't Chicago be wonderful? While I was attempting to be a bird in everyone's ear, I was able to convince four other people from this group to run it also. So, everyone voted, and Chicago it is. I will be there the entire week prior to the race, and fly back home the Monday after the race. Perfect! Now work is paying for my flight and hotel. Third...I've been wanting to run the Provo 1/2 marathon in August again. I looked at my marathon training schedule, and the Saturday of the 1/2 marathon is when I am scheduled to run 14 miles. Perfect! Now I can get both in. I'm excited about it...but nervous. I'm hoping that my training outside on the hills and being in higher elevation will help out a lot during the marathon. I just need to convince somebody here in Utah to run it also, so I can train with them. I hate running alone. I'm okay at lunch to get 4-5 miles in, but on those long runs, it can get boring.
So all Aubrey has wanted for her birthday was to get her haircut. So I made an appointment with Cookie Cutters for Aubrey and her friend to have a "Girls day out". They were so cute! They got a manicure, shampoo, cut, style and pictures taken. Aubrey wanted her hair to look like Cinderella, so they gave her a messy bun. I was there forever waiting for the pictures to print, but their printer wasn't working. So they told me they would mail them to me. I received a call later in the afternoon and they said they were mailing the pictures to me. The pictures were so cute, they wanted to blow it up big and display it in the store. So I gave them the okay. I'm anxiously awaiting the pictures to see how they turned out.






Zac made the kids bunk beds yesterday also. Zac made the ladder today, but we had them sleep in them last night. I finally feel like they have room to play in their bedroom. It will be really nice once the ladder is finished. During the night when Eric had to use the bathroom, he would just scream until we got him. He was too scared to jump down. Actually, I'm grateful he's too scared to jump.

I planted my garden this weekend also. Hurray! I absolutely love this time of year! Eric helped me plant the peas. I love having the fresh veggies around. So this year our garden is going to produce: peas, walla walla onions, tomatoes (4th of July and Celebrity), corn, anaheim peppers, jalapenos, green bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, red bell peppers, watermelon, pumpkins, zuchinni, and squash. I want to grow even more, but I would need a larger garden for that.
A couple weeks ago, Bobby was sewing like crazy and made the girls some summer dresses. They turned out great! Thanks again Bobby! Eric was the "mystery person" in Kindergarten this week. I was able to get out of work to go talk to his class. The class was so cute. After I tell them about Eric, they got to ask us questions. A sample of the questions were, "Eric, what is your favorite room in your house?" "Eric, what is your favorite shirt?" "Eric, what is your favorite haircut you've had?"




The daycare ended up taking some pictures of the girls without informing the parents. I did end up buying two of the poses, which I will receive in 2 weeks. Meanwhile...enjoy the pictures of proofs that I didn't pick. :)








3 comments:
Nice trick with getting work to pay for the flight.
The only bad part is how when you get there you have to run a marathon.
I love how you got your work to pay for the trip - genious! Those matching dresses are adorable and so is Aubrey and her friend. I love their hair! Too cute.
Wow such ambitions. Good luck on the training. The pic of the girls are adorable! That bunk bed is fun too.
Post a Comment