So I have been back at work now since Monday, and will stay that way until August 6th. Then I will leave for maternity leave. My doctor has changed my induction date to August 7th instead of the 8th because he will be out of town. I just came back from my appt. with him and last week he wanted to check to see if my body was starting to do "anything" yet. Since with Aubrey and Eric, my body never really did cooperate in preparing for the baby, I didn't want to be disappointed, so I told him I could wait another week. Today, he checked me and.......I am 75% effaced and 1 1/2 cm dialated. So far, that has been better than my other pregnancies. Finally my body is deciding that a baby will be here soon! These summer days are SO HOT! I am definitely ready for this little one to be out! He also said that I have about 2-3 liters of just water weight from the heat in my legs and feet! I will never have a baby again in the dead of summer. I don't know how my Mom did it having 3 in the summer! My feet are seriously an ENTIRE size larger at night!
The other night Zac and I were sitting on the couch, and he had just turned on the a/c. I was sitting under the vent trying to get cool and he starts moving his hands around trying to find a warm draft. He went over to the window to see if that was where the draft was coming from. Finally he comes by me and goes, "IT'S YOU! The warm draft is coming from YOU!" My body is just radiating the heat off into the room apparently.
We still don't have a name for baby girl...I think we will be "discussing" it up to the hospital! This little girl is so hard to name for some reason! That's about it for me...I will try to update more often, now that I have an internet connection again!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My dear, it's been forever! I've been thinking of you. Hope things are going well and you are feeling better! I've been worried about you!!!!
Post a Comment